Here is a bit of her background....
1. What do you love about quilting?
Being a Textile Artist. I use hand dyed fabrics as a background to screen print my designs. My art is all about feeling the emotion of a time or place.
2. Where do you draw inspiration?
Scenery, especially trees, inspires my impressionistic landscape textiles, which is another series that I work on.
3. What are you currently working on? (Can we have a sneak peak?)
At the moment, I am working on some mixed media pieces to incorporate into my Roadside Weed Series.
4. Solids or Prints (What types of fabric do you use)?
I love to dye and print fabric and threads, and this has lead me to do fabric art inspired by the scenery around the Maritimes.
5. Favorite Tool or Trick you can't live without?
I enjoy keeping an art journal of my impressions and use this as a starting point from where most of my ideas develop.
6. What or Who is your favorite Blog/Designer/Artist?
There are so many artists who inspire me, but Sandra Meech (Textile Artist)and Edward Hopper (painter) are my current favorites.
7. What's one thing we should know about Sharon?
Sharon is going to be the guest speaker at a Dessert Party hosted by the PEIMQG this August 25th from 7-9pm. We are very excited to meet her and think her Trunk show will be too good to miss. Get in touch if you would like to get tickets to this fabulous event. There will also be a silent auction, door prize and of course lots of fabulous desserts.